Drug testing can be stressful no matter if you’re a regular marijuana user, or you occasionally smoke a joint. And with marijuana use increasing year after year, a lot of cannabis aficionados are looking for the best detox methods in order to pass their mandatory drug screen at work. While some make home remedies, others eat fruits like cranberries in order to help weed detox faster. That being said, you should know that some of these methods aren’t backed up by science and in no way guarantee that you’ll pass the drug test.
If you’re a marijuana user looking for a detoxification product to pass a urine drug test, you’re in the right place. This article will give you all the information on the Certo Premium Liquid Fruit Pectin and the “Sure Jell detox” which is popular among cannabis users looking for the best methods for detoxing weed. Read on to find out whether Sure Jell can help you pass your drug test.
Certo vs Sure Jell Premium Fruit Pectin
Certo and Sure Jell are both pectin products and kitchen staples in American households for making homemade jams and jellies. Pectin products are made from fruits (apples) and have a firmer consistency compared to gelatin. Sure Jell is a powdered gelling agent used in traditional cooked jams, dissolved in water before use, while Certo is a ready-to-use liquid fruit pectin used in both fresh and frozen recipes.
The Certo drug test detox method is one of the most popular home remedies for detoxing cannabis. So, let’s find out if it works.
Both Certo and Sure Jell can be bought online on Amazon or at Walmart, or at the grocery store (and they contain similar ingredients).
Certo premium liquid fruit pectin consists of the following ingredients:
- Fruit Pectin;
- Lactic Acid;
- Citric Acid (Assist Gel);
- Potassium Citrate (Controls Acidity);
- Sodium Benzoate (Preservative).
Sure Jell dry fruit pectin that needs to be dissolved in water consists of the following ingredients:
- Fruit Pectin;
- Fumaric Acid (For Tartness);
- Sodium Citrate.
How Does the Sure Jell Method (Certo Drug Test Method) Work?
It can take a few weeks for the natural detoxification of THC metabolites which can be a problem for marijuana users who have mandatory drug tests in the near future. This is where fruit pectin comes in. Pectin is water-soluble and it absorbs and expels toxins from the body, just like activated charcoal. It absorbs toxins from the intestines and removes the THC metabolites through the stool.
How to Use the Sure Jell Detox Method to Pass a Urine Drug Test
To do this detox method you’ll need to buy:
- 2 large 32-ounce bottles of sports drinks;
- Vitamin B2;
- Vitamin B12;
- Creatine Monohydrate;
- Certo or Sure Jell.
Since consuming too much water can be harmful to the body, you need to be mindful of your water intake during your detox with fruit pectin. For more information on the detox process, please see below. Also, keep in mind that this article is purely for informational purposes only – we are not recommending that you cheat on drug tests.
- A few days before taking the drug test, consume a large amount of water in order to maximize the flushing of toxins by frequent urination.
- The night before your test, right before you go to sleep, combine one package of Sure Jell with a 32-ounce sports drink. The dilution drink should be shaken well and consumed in the next 15-30 minutes.
- The next morning, drink 32 ounces of water 3 hours before the test.
- 2 hours before your test, take another Sure Jell with a 32-ounce sports drink and use the toilet a few more times.
- An hour before your test, drink 32 ounces of water, a vitamin B2, a multivitamin, vitamin B12 (to change the color of your urine), use the toilet once more, and you’ll be ready for your test.
Pros and Cons of the Sure Jell Detox Method
As with any detox method, there are both positive and negative sides when it comes to using Sure Jell as a cannabis detoxifying method.
The positive sides of consuming Sure Jell for detoxing from cannabis include:
- The method is affordable.
- The product is pretty safe and there are fewer risks of allergic reactions.
- Works for most users who aim for a THC detox before a urinary drug test.
- The product is simple and convenient.
- The ingredients inside the Sure Jell are simple and easy to understand.
The negative sides include the following:
- Extensive consumption of water can result in water intoxication.
- Consuming too much Sure Jell may cause diarrhea.
- It will only remove the toxins temporarily.
- Extra ingredients are needed for the method to work (sports drinks, creatine, and B-vitamins).
- It’s not 100% sure that it will work since it hasn’t been proven scientifically.
Other Popular Drug Test Detox Methods
Now, let’s go over some other popular detox products that people use to detoxify their body for their next mandatory marijuana drug test.
As you may already know, the way that drug tests detect THC presence in the body is by detecting the THC metabolites that linger in the fat cells after users consume cannabis. To avoid this, users look for ways to detox THC from their bodies and pass the drug test.
One of the most popular supplements that people use to pass cannabis drug tests is niacin. Cannabis users do the niacin flush for 3-4 days before their drug test, and most of them are successful and manage to detox their body in time.
Others use popular detox drinks and consume cranberry juice, and even though cranberries detox toxins from the body, it’s not scientifically proven that they can detox weed so the THC metabolites don’t show on the test.
Finally, some users try to cheat on the test by swapping the urine sample with a synthetic urine sample for their urinalysis. To pass the drug test you need to be able to maintain the synthetic urine at an appropriate temperature and swap it without getting noticed. Needless to say, we don’t recommend this at all given that it’s illegal and can get you a fine, or even a jail sentence in some states/countries.
While there’s no scientific evidence that Sure Jell or Certo drug test detox will work, marijuana users have a better chance of passing the test when they:
- Use one dose the night before the test, and another one 2 hours before the test.
- Avoid drinking plenty of water since it may cause nausea.
- Consume electrolytes through sports drinks like Gatorade, and B-vitamins to recuperate the ones that are lost as a result of the flush.
- Consume some creatine to replace the creatine metabolites that may be missing from your urine because of the flush.
Again, note that we are not recommending cheating on your upcoming drug test/s as this is illegal and can get you in trouble.