In this day and age, weed is the most popular illicit drug in the world. As a result, cannabis growers focus on creating new strains to satisfy the tastes of their customers, and dispensaries offer a wide selection of flowers, edibles, tinctures, and other cannabis products that suit the needs of both first time and long-term users.
The amount of weed that cannabis users consume varies from person to person, but there’s one thing that most users are interested in, and that’s how much weed celebrities consume.
The cannabis culture has its own celebrities like Snoop Dogg, Willie Nelson, and others who have been avid marijuana users and activists for marijuana legalization. Among these celebrities is the rapper Wiz Khalifa, whose weed consumption we’ll focus on today.
Who Is Wiz Khalifa?
Wiz Khalifa is the stage name of Cameron Jibril Thomaz, an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and actor. Apart from being in the creative industry, Khalifa is known as a weed aficionado, and even has his own strain. His love of weed is even confirmed by the name of his first studio album, Rolling Papers.
Khalifa doesn’t stick to smoking weed just at home, he is often photographed on the red carpet accompanied by a lit up blunt. His smoking escapades and opinions on joints, CBD, and more were touched upon on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast, where he showed up carrying weed in a mason jar. He likes to smoke weed out of a joint, but also enjoys using a bong.
Khalifa talked about his own weed strain on the show, called Khalifa Kush (K.K.), and continued to explain that it’s the only one he uses. Similar to how people have a go-to drink, he only smokes K.K, which is what we’ll get into next.
Which Strain of Weed Does Rapper Wiz Khalifa Smoke?
The Khalifa Kush is a hybrid Indica-dominant strain with THC levels between 26-29%, bred specifically for the Black and Yellow rapper. Its OG strain is unknown, and until recently it was only available to him. Today, users can try the real Khalifa Kush through select partners that sell it for a price of $100 for an ounce.
The effects of the hybrid strain are similar to those of OG Kush and provide a cerebral buzz, while the aromas include sour lemon and pie. Called a wake-and-bake strain by a lot of users, this strain is ideal for morning and daytime use because of its energizing, uplifting, mood-enhancing effects, combined with improved productivity. Some users have even experienced pain relief, and in some cases, the strain has helped users feel less fatigued.
The buds are small or medium-sized and shaped like cones, with a forest green color. The terpene amounts in K.K. are as follows:
- Beta Caryophyllene: 0.553%
- Beta Myrcene: 0.439%
- Limonene: 0.296%
How Much Weed Does Wiz Khalifa Smoke?
Don’t we all want to know that? And apparently, so did the podcast host Joe Rogan. He asked Khalifa the burning question: How much weed do you smoke daily? Khalifa explained that he smokes an ounce of K.K. every day. Then, they talked about Rogan’s preference to use blunts and the nicotine kick he gets out of them.
Khalifa went on to add that he’s glad weed is legal in Colorado for recreational purposes since he isn’t judged by other people for smoking. He said that he supports the legalization laws that allow him to go to his son’s school without being labeled as the “weed-head dad.”
Amber Rose and Her CBD Use During Pregnancy
The podcaster went on to ask Wiz about his thoughts on CBD and talked about an arrest on an elderly woman for CBD possession at Dallas airport. Khalifa explained that his ex and the mother of his son, Amber Rose, used CBD during her first pregnancy. Khalifa claimed that CBD helped her with her nausea, and that she frequently took it while pregnant.
When it comes to the use of CBD during pregnancy or breastfeeding, the FDA strongly advises against it. The effects of weed on pregnant and breastfeeding women haven’t been thoroughly researched yet. Therefore, it’s best to refrain from using it while pregnant.
Khalifa’s 12 Tips for Smoking Cannabis
In a 2015 interview, Wiz Khalifa shared his 12 tips for smoking cannabis.
- Different weed strains work differently for different people. Khalifa says that whether a smoker likes Sativa, Indica, or hybrids, it all comes down to personal preference. He continued to explain that Indica increases his energy, while Sativa brings him down.
- I’ve been blessed to travel a lot and run into lots of different types of weed men. Khalifa said that he knows a lot of people who grow weed themselves ranging from college students to “dudes in the hood who grow it themselves.”
- The Bay Area is where I learned the most about weed and wax. He continued to explain that they experiment a lot with weed, and that growers in the Bay Area have been experimenting with weed for years.
- Certain strains of weed might be popular now simply because of advertisement. Wiz says that a lot of strains are advertised as highly potent which produce a strong kick, and that in most cases, it’s just powerful marketing tactics. He advises smelling the weed since the smell will indicate how potent it really is.
- Out in Cali is where all the best buds are because that’s where the original seeds come from. Khalifa says that the same strain is different depending on where it’s grown, and Cali strains are particularly good.
- All kush isn’t kush. According to Khalifa, kush strains can vary a lot, and that’s why he created Khalifa Kush (that’s the only strain he smokes).
- It’s tight to be involved in the growing process. Khalifa has always wanted to get involved in the growing process.
- There’s nothing you can do wrong when it comes to smoking weed. Khalifa explains that smoking weed comes down to individual experimenting.
- In Pittsburgh, we started out smoking blunts and shit on the block with the homies. He explained how he started out with smoking joints and continued experimenting with different cannabis consumption methods.
- I always rolled papers without a filter until I went to Canada. He used to roll without filters to be able to really taste the weed.
- With weed, you can hear things you weren’t able to hear before. Khalifa says that weed intensifies the senses and you’re able to see and hear differently.
- I want to be as high as I can when I perform. Khalifa says that performing stoned helps him to loosen up during a show and feel free.
What’s Next for Wiz Khalifa: Cannabis Food Delivery
Khalifa has combined his love of weed with his love of food and started a mobile food delivery service named HotBox by Wiz. His stoner-themed, delivery-only eatery, including a top shelf munchie menu created by the man himself, like the popular Taylor Gang turkey burger, hits in Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, San Diego, Chicago, Denver, Houston, and New York City. Khalifa is thinking about expanding the menu in the future by letting fans vote on other dishes.